iThrive’s Magnesium bisglycinate chelate is a highly absorbable form of magnesium that helps restore normal levels of magnesium & balance calcium intake.
Flavour - Unflavoured
Magnesium is an essential dietary mineral that plays many important roles which include: helping cells produce energy, supporting proper muscle function, maintenance of healthy bones & teeth, promotes overall relaxation & restful sleep.
iThrive's magnesium bisglycinate provides 200 mg (milligrams) of elemental magnesium from 2000 mg of magnesium bisglycinate.
Benefits of taking Magnesium :
- Supports energy production.
- Nervous system support.
- Critical for Enzyme Function.
- Supports muscle function.
- Supports the maintenance of a healthy bone structure.
- Synthesis of DNA, RNA, and the master antioxidant glutathione.
- Supports glucose metabolism.
- DIETARY SUPPLEMENT
- GMP QUALITY ASSURED
What does magnesium bisglycinate mean?
- The compound magnesium bisglycinate is also called magnesium glycinate. This indicates that magnesium has two glycine molecules attached, it is more accurately called “bisglycinate” (bis = two). Two separate glycine molecules occupy an active site on each magnesium molecule, leading to superior absorption because of increased solubility. Glycine is an anti-inflammatory amino acid.
Suggested use: Take half scoop daily twice with water or as directed by a healthcare professional.
Unique benefits of magnesium bisglycinate :
A crossover study found that serum levels of magnesium over eight hours were highest for magnesium bisglycinate, followed by dimagnesium malate; the least absorbed as magnesium oxide. The improved absorption and solubility are because glycine decreases the pH of the intestines.
The glycine also takes up space on the magnesium molecule, which decreases the propensity of the magnesium to complex with plant-based phytates that would otherwise interfere with its absorption. Because glycine takes up active sites on the molecule, less water attaches to the molecule, which reduces the laxative effect typically seen with magnesium compounds.
Magnesium is a key mineral as we noted previously is responsible for 3,751 essential enzyme functions in the body. Among its many functions, magnesium regulates calcium homeostasis through the activity of three key hormones: calcitonin, parathyroid hormone, and vitamin D (more properly called “hormone D”). In addition, magnesium’s presence in the energy molecule (Mg-ATP) is an absolute requirement for its recognition and use in the body. We consider magnesium to be the “conductor of the body’s mineral orchestra.”
Net Weight: 200g